Polar FT4 HR Monitor with Strap (This is what I use)
- Heart rate monitor shows fitness progress based on heart rate
- Wrist unit displays calories burned and includes comfortable textile transmitter plus coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk
- Automatic age-based target zone automatically determines heart rate target zone limits according to age-based maximum heart rate
- Polar OwnCal calculates number of calories burned during training, during individual sessions and cumulatively over time
- Polar OwnCode (5kHz) coded heart rate transmission automatically locks in code to transmit heart rate to training computer, preventing interference from other training computers
- Automatic age-based target zone: To help you train safely and effectively, the training computer automatically determines your heart rate target zone limits according to your age-based maximum heart rate (220 minus age). The limits are determined either in beats per minute (BPM) or as a percentage of your maximum heart rate.
- Heart rate: Can be expressed as BPM or as percentage of your maximum heart rate.
- HR-based target zones with visual and audible alarm: Define target zones for a training session based on heart rate to help define the right intensity. When you are out of the preset zones, the training computer will give a visual and audible alarm.
- Manual target zone: Enables you to manually enter the target zone for your training, as BPM or percentage of maximum heart rate.
- Polar OwnCal: Calculates the number of calories burned during training, during individual sessions and cumulatively over time.
- Polar OwnCode (5kHz): Coded heart rate transmission automatically locks in a code to transmit your heart rate to the training computer, preventing interference from other training computers.
- Totals: Includes your training data starting from the last reset, enabling you to follow long-term training.
- Ten training files, with summaries
- Graphical target zone indicator: Graphically displays heart rate zone, helping you to stay on the desired intensity.
- HeartTouch: Different training information can be accessed without pressing buttons, handy when gloves make pressing buttons difficult, by bringing your training computer close to your transmitter.
- Date and weekday indicator
- Display text in English, German, Finnish, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Spanish, and Italian
- Dual time zone
- KeyLock locks training computer buttons.
- Low battery indicator
- 12- and 24-hour time display, with alarm and snooze
- User-replaceable battery
- Water resistant to 30 meters
- 33-gram weight
- One-year battery life with CR1632 battery
What’s in the Box
- Polar FT4 training computer
- Polar WearLink and transmitter
- Quick Guide
A heart rate monitor for those that want something quick, simple and to the point without the need for time consuming programming and calibration. Wear the watch, and attach the comfortable and flexible textile transmitter and the new Polar FT4 will do the rest. Improve your fitness levels – The Polar FT4 will indicate when you are improving on previous fitness levels, giving you that extra push. Polar OwnCal Transmitter – The transmitter clips on to a very comfortable textile strap and has enough flexibility to move with your body yet remain in place. Paired transmitter and watch – The watch and the transmitter are paired together to ensure that your watch doesn’t pick up any other Polar FT4 signal when out training. Language Options – You are able to set the default language of the watch to any of the following: – German – English – Spanish – French – Italian – Suomi – Swedish – Portuguese Illuminated Display – Offering you extra visibility of the face to keep track of your training Customise – Change between 12 and 24 hours clocks and metric and imperial units to give you greater control Basic Features – Automatic age based target zone (% / bpm) – Automatic/Manual target zone (% / bpm / HRR%) – Backlight – Graphical target zone indicator – Heart rate (displayed as % of maximum heart rate) – Heart rate (displayed as bpm) – HeartTouch Exercise Features – Average heart rate of total exercise – Exercise Date – Heart rate based target zones with audible alarm – Heart rate based target zones with visual alarm – Maximum heart rate of total exercise Recording Features – Average heart rate – Calorie expenditure – Exercise Time (total) – Maximum heart rate – Target zone limits – Time in target zone Watch Features – Alarm with snooze – Date and weekday indicator – Dual time zone – Low battery indicator – StopWatch – User replaceable battery What’s in the box? 1 – Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor Watch 1 – Heart rate monitor sensor 1 – Textile sensor body strap 1 –